Monday, February 6, 2012

Bacon Brussels Sprouts

It has been many months since I’ve had a chance to keep up with my blog. I miss it so much!! Before I got into family and wedding photography, the first photography that I was really fascinating with is food photography. Then times changed, I am concentrating to expand my small business now. It is not just about shooting or editing, besides that business planning, marketing, learning, accounting they all take time.




Today, I just decide to ease myself. I have been dealing with severe migraine for the last few days. And today I refuse to take any medicine as my friend suggested. Instead I drink lots of water….. I meant a lot! And eating more vegetables and less fat.

One recipe caught my eye during my browsing time. The recipe from Emeril Lagasse from Food Network.





Bacon Brussel Sprout.

• 12 ounces thickly sliced lean bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
• 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced (I don’t use it)
• 8 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
• 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, if desired
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Sugar, optional

Directions

In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon over moderately-high heat until browned, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Add the onion and garlic to the pan, reduce the heat to moderate and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the softened vegetables from the pan and set aside. Add the Brussels sprouts in batches and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown on the outside. Add the reserved bacon and vegetables to the Brussels sprouts in the pan along with salt and pepper, to taste, and a pinch of sugar.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Love how you use the bacon drip to fragrant the brussel sprout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wonderful! That combination is absolutely mouthwatering.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete