Monday, July 11, 2011

Cherry pie "Monthly Mingle' | Visiting granny’s farm

I haven’t been food blogging for 2 years, I’ve been pretty busy learning more about photography and I finally opened my photography business. The business is still in its infancy.   Right now I am trying to do all types of photography, weddings, family and children. At the same time I am trying to post about food in this blog. Doing food photography it has been one of my passions as well.

When I decided to go back food blogging, I forced myself to open up a new blog. Creating this new blog is easier than updating the old blog. If you like to visit my old blog click HERE. So this is the first time I participate to the event ‘Monthly Mingle’ which hosted by Sukaina and her lovely blog ‘Sips and Spoonfulls’.


It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, we visited granny’s farm. Granny has some chickens; they weren’t ready for laying eggs yet. But I spotted one egg resting on the hay, well one of those chicken looks like it’s ready to start laying  eggs. Couple horses were happy enjoying their food and just chilling in the shade. I didn’t blame them, it was hot day!




Cooking CHERRY PIE, this recipe I adopted from Paul of ‘Sweet Paul’. Easy bake and delicious result.  I didn’t make the pie dough from the scratch but rather buying ready mix pie.



Cherry pie Serves 10

2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup cold butter, in pieces
1/4 cup iced water
2 pounds cherries, pitted
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water




In a food processor, combine flour, salt, sugar and butter.
Pulse until coarse.
Add water and pulse until it holds together.
Wrap in plastic and place in it the fridge for 1 hour.
Take it out and cut in half.
Roll out on a lightly floured surface.
Place in a 9 inch pie plate.
Cut off any excess dough.
In a large bowl toss cherries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
Fill the pie with the mixture.
Roll out the rest of the dough and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips.
Weave strips over filling. Press to seal on the edges.
Brush lattice with egg wash.
Bake until filling is bubbling and crust golden, about 40 minute


16 comments:

  1. i love pie, even though i have never taste the cherry pie, not one! poor thing :(

    * the photographs are awesome
    and u r getting there shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie looks great and the pictures are super nice, great job and welcome back to food blogging. I will be bookmarking you for more treats!
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a splendid pie! So scrumptious looking.

    I really love your horse and hen pictures.

    cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww dwi, awesome captures ! All delicious, make me drolling !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful farm, delicious looking cherry pie. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My uncle went cherry picking a couple days ago, and so now I have a cherry pie cooling in my fridge. Great minds think alike, eh?
    By the way, I just wanted to say that your pictures are unbelievably gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your time to leave some comments and visit my blog. Highly appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All looks fantastic again.And you know once a blogger always a blogger.Will be back for more:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great-looking cherry pies! And, those horses and the chicken are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cherry pie! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fotonya cantiiiikkk.. walaupun gw ga suka pie, jd pengen nyobain nih..:´-)
    salam, Dian

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous pie! I am drooling all over the keyboard ;p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome,awesome pie dear girl! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gw ketinggalan cherry season nich...ga kebagian..:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you took part in monthly mingle. I got to discover your beautiful blog and photography- amazing job. And the pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete